- 1 box lasagna noodles
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 4 cups tomato sauce
- 2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 2 cups fat-free ricotta cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat an oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook lasagna noodles in boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes. Drain noodles, and rinse with cold water.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in the onion; cook and stir until the onion has softened and turned translucent, about 2 minutes. Add ground chicken and cook 5 to 7 minutes more, stirring to break up any large chunks of meat. Stir in tomato sauce, mushrooms, Italian seasoning, black pepper, and garlic powder. Simmer for 2 minutes and season to taste.
- Combine spinach, ricotta, and nutmeg in a large bowl.
- To assemble, arrange 3 noodles lengthwise in the bottom of a greased 9×13 inch baking dish. Spread with 1/3 the ricotta mixture, 1/3 of the turkey mixture, and 1/3 of the mozzarella. Repeat layers, ending with remaining mozzarella. Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes before serving.
I have also made this with rotisserie chicken or ground turkey.