- 1 box lasagna noodles
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 4 cups tomato sauce
- 2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 2 cups fat-free ricotta cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat an oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook lasagna noodles in boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes. Drain noodles, and rinse with cold water.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in the onion; cook and stir until the onion has softened and turned translucent, about 2 minutes. Add ground chicken and cook 5 to 7 minutes more, stirring to break up any large chunks of meat. Stir in tomato sauce, mushrooms, Italian seasoning, black pepper, and garlic powder. Simmer for 2 minutes and season to taste.
- Combine spinach, ricotta, and nutmeg in a large bowl.
- To assemble, arrange 3 noodles lengthwise in the bottom of a greased 9×13 inch baking dish. Spread with 1/3 the ricotta mixture, 1/3 of the turkey mixture, and 1/3 of the mozzarella. Repeat layers, ending with remaining mozzarella. Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes before serving.
I have also made this with rotisserie chicken or ground turkey.
I started Weight Watchers online December 28, I wanted to start before the New Year, I did not want to jinx my weight loss since I’ve NEVER kept a New Year’s resolution. I love the online version of Weight Watchers and their new PointPlus plan and I’m happy to say that I’ve lost 10 pounds. Many of you who follow my blog know that one of my joys is cooking and with the WW plan I can still cook and create tasty dishes. I still plan on blogging about food recipes but now will be doing a low calorie, healthier version of my favorite foods.
I think one of my favorite meals is breakfast and can really eat it any time of day. Today’s breakfast was one of my favorite, it has BACON yes I said bacon!
½ cup egg beaters 60 calories, 3 strips 40% lean bacon (Gwaltney) 60 calories, slice of low fat cheese 50 calories, Tortilla 71 calories, ½ Orange 40 calories, catsup 20 calories, totaling 301 calories or 5 points on WW PointsPlus (if you are doing WW calculate your points they could be different then mine depending on product)
TIP: I love tortillas but don’t like them soggy so I take the tortilla and LIGHTY brown both sides in a non-stick skillet before making my wrap.